Lesson Plan: Applications of Similar Polygons Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the properties of similar polygons to solve algebraic expressions and equations.
Students will be able to
- use proportions to confirm similarity of polygons,
- use properties of similar polygons to form and solve equations to find unknown angle measures, lengths, and perimeters.
Students should already be familiar with
- properties of similar polygons and how to find unknown angle measures, lengths, and perimeters,
- solving linear equations,
- working with proportions.
Students will not cover
- similarity problems involving area or volume.