Lesson Plan: Periodicity Chemistry
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the trends in properties across periods of the periodic table.
Students will be able to
- describe variations and trends in ionic radii, atomic radii, melting point, and conductivity,
- define and calculate the atomic radius.
Students should already be familiar with
- atomic structure,
- the structure of the periodic table,
- general properties of metals and nonmetals and their location on the periodic table.
Students will not cover
- trends in ionization energy.