Lesson Plan: Kidney Failure Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and evaluate the treatments for kidney failure.
Students will be able to
- state some symptoms of kidney failure, including the buildup of waste products in the blood,
- outline the treatments for kidney failure, including organ transplants and dialysis,
- compare the advantages and disadvantages of organ transplants and dialysis,
- describe the basic process of renal dialysis.
Students should already be familiar with
- the kidneys being a major organ in the body,
- the role of the kidneys in removal of waste.
Students will not cover
- peritoneal dialysis.