Students will be able to
- understand that the terms between two nonconsecutive terms in an geometric sequence are known as “geometric means,”
- calculate geometric means inserted between two arbitrary numbers and solve related problems,
- solve problems related to the number of geometric means inserted between two numbers when given sufficient information,
- find the geometric mean of three or more terms.
Students should already be familiar with
- geometric sequences.
Students will not cover
- the sum of a geometric sequence,
- arithmetic sequences,
- arithmetic means.