Video Developer (Mathematics)Windsor • United Kingdom
Our video developers are passionate about education, and create clear, engaging, informative and entertaining videos in the English language for our students around the world.
At present, we make the following types of video using our own whiteboard app:
- solution videos – walking through methods to answer individual questions
- lesson videos - short expositions and examples for discrete topics
- popular mathematics videos - material not targeted at a specific lesson.
We anticipate that future videos could include animations and simulations, and live-action lab demonstrations. Other projects may also include developing written resources to accompany videos, hosting of live webinar events to support student learning, and the production of short question solution videos commissioned by individual customers via our tutoring and homework help platforms. Similarly, video developers may, at times, be required to provide tuition to students via the Nagwa tutoring platform. The role also requires liaising with our remote freelance video developers, answering their queries, and reviewing their work.
You must have a Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in mathematics, excellent organisation and communication skills, a clear and confident speaking voice, and will probably have teaching experience. You will pay great attention to detail, respond positively to feedback, and work collaboratively with other members of the team here in Windsor, as well as our remote freelancers around the world. You will have excellent knowledge of mathematics from GCSE to undergraduate level. Previous experience of making videos would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Research, plan and develop outstanding video content for mathematics in the English language using Nagwa’s Studio app. This will be aimed at undergraduates and students throughout K12.
- Break down and logically explain mathematics topics, in a student-friendly way.
- Use your teaching/learning experience to identify and address common misconceptions.
- Meet Nagwa’s requirements for clarity, accuracy, quality, style, and functionality.
- Produce memorable videos which are accessible to students from a wide range of backgrounds, with differing learning styles.
- Receive and act upon constructive feedback through our content review process.
- Help review the videos developed by our freelance developers, and carry out related administrative tasks as required.
- Produce help videos for Nagwa web products.
- Support new video projects as required by the Video Development Project Manager.
- Produce weekly reports on the team’s production of videos.
- Work with the Video Development Project Manager to expand the video team.
- Abide by Nagwa’s terms of employment, and meet all health and safety requirements.
Job Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to engage students.
- Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly.
- Quality-oriented while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Positive attitude and high energy
The role is a permanent position based in Nagwa’s UK office in Windsor.
The salary range is £30k - £36k for a 35 hour week, with 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays each year.