Worksheet: Parallel, Perpendicular, and Intersecting Lines
In this worksheet, we will practice classifying pairs of lines, rays, or line segments as parallel, perpendicular, or intersecting and using the correct notation to denote the relationship between lines.
Which of the following correctly defines perpendicular lines?
- ATwo lines are said to be perpendicular if they meet at a reflex angle.
- BTwo lines are said to be perpendicular if they never intersect however far they are extended.
- CTwo lines are said to be perpendicular if they meet at an acute angle.
- DTwo lines are said to be perpendicular if they meet at an obtuse angle.
- ETwo lines are said to be perpendicular if they meet at right angles.
Use or to fill in the gap: .
Is parallel or perpendicular to ?
State whether the following is true or false: Any angle formed from the intersection of two perpendicular straight lines is a right angle.
The blue car is driving on a road that is the road that the yellow car is driving on.
- Bperpendicular to
- Cparallel to
The blue car is driving on a road that is to the road that the yellow car is driving on.
Are horizontal straight lines parallel?
In the following figure, what is the relation between and ?
Which of the following segments is perpendicular to ?
Complete the following: Two parallel lines are two lines that .
- Aare perpendicular
- Bintersect but do not lie in the same plane
- Clie in the same plane and do not have a common point
- Dlie in the same plane and have a common point
- Edo not lie in the same plane and do not intersect
Which of the following letters has parallel lines: Y, F, A, L?
Can two parallel straight lines intersect?
How many points of intersection do two parallel lines have?
Are vertical straight lines parallel?
Determine whether the following sentence is true or false: Two lines that are perpendicular to the same line must intersect.
What does this picture show?
- Aparallel line segments
- Bintersecting lines
- Cintersecting rays
- Dintersecting line segments
- Eperpendicular lines
State whether the following statement is true or false: If two lines are parallel, they do not intersect.
What do we call two lines that intersect in a point and meet at right angles?
- Aintersecting and not perpendicular
If one of the angles at the point of intersection between two lines is acute, what can you say about the two lines?
- AThey are neither parallel nor perpendicular.
- BThey are perpendicular.
- CThey are parallel.