Lesson Plan: Classifying Objects: Same and Different Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe similarities and differences between objects and decide whether two objects are exactly the same or not.
Students will be able to
- understand the terms same and different,
- identify similarities and differences in size, shape, or color between objects,
- describe similarities or differences between objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- primary colors,
- comparing objects by size using the words big, bigger, small, and smaller.
Students will not cover
- comparing amounts or quantities.