Lesson Plan: Miles and Kilometers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to convert between miles and kilometers.
Students will be able to
- understand that 5 miles is approximately 8 kilometers,
- convert between miles and kilometers, with and without models,
- complete conversion tables,
- draw and interpret a simple conversion graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- recognizing that miles and kilometers are used to measure distances,
- multiplying and dividing 2-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers,
- multiplying and dividing decimals by whole numbers.