Lesson Plan: Ways to Make 10 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to recognize the different ways in which the number 10 can be made, representing these using objects, models, and words.
Students will be able to
- represent pairs that total 10 using objects,
- represent pairs that total 10 using models,
- represent pairs that total 10 using words,
- complete a missing addend so that the total is 10,
- combine groups and say whether they total 10.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting up to 10,
- ways to make 5.
Students will not cover
- using the symbols , , or ,
- part–whole models.