Lesson Plan: Counting Backward from 10 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to count backward within ten and find the missing numbers in a count sequence.
Students will be able to
- count backward from 10 to 0,
- order numbers in a decreasing count sequence from 10 to 0,
- write the count sequence from 10 to 0 in numerals.
Students should already be familiar with
- modeling and counting up to 10 objects,
- counting forward to 10.
Students will not cover
- counting backward from 10 to 0 using a number line.