Lesson Plan: Integers Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write negative numbers, define integers, and interpret them in real-world contexts.
Students will be able to
- count backward from zero,
- use signs to express positive and negative integers,
- understand negative numbers as the opposites of positive numbers,
- use integers to express real-world situations.
Students should already be familiar with
- positive whole numbers.
Students will not cover
- identifying the set of integers and its subsets,
- modeling integers on number lines.