Lesson Plan: Sorting Groups Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to sort groups by how many objects there are.
Students will be able to
- count the number of objects in groups,
- sort groups by the number of objects that they contain,
- say how groups of objects have been sorted.
Students should already be familiar with
- sorting objects into two groups,
- sorting objects by size, color, or shape,
- sorting and counting objects.
Students will not cover
- using Venn diagrams to sort objects.