Lesson Plan: Trigonometric Integrals Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to evaluate the integrals of the products of trigonometric terms using trigonometric identities.
Students will be able to
- use the Pythagorean, angle sum and difference, and double and half angle identities to evaluate definite and indefinite integrals of trigonometric functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- the Pythagorean trigonometric identities,
- angle sum and difference identities,
- double and half angle identities,
- definite and indefinite integrals of standard functions.
Students will not cover
- the reverse chain rule,
- integration by substitution,
- integration by parts.