Lesson Plan: Grouped Frequency Tables: Estimating the Median Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to estimate the median for data presented in a grouped frequency table using cumulative frequency graphs.
Students will be able to
- recognize that the median can be estimated for grouped data using a cumulative frequency graph (either ascending or descending),
- estimate the median from an ascending or descending cumulative frequency graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- calculating the median for a data set,
- ascending and descending cumulative frequency graphs.
Students will not cover
- estimating the mode for grouped data.