Lesson Plan: Reflection Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define, explain, and investigate reflection.
Students will be able to
- define reflect,
- identify reflective materials,
- investigate how light is reflected by a mirror,
- describe how light is reflected by a mirror,
- describe reflective objects as transparent, translucent, and opaque.
Students should already be familiar with
- the idea that light travels in straight lines,
- luminous sources,
- how different materials interact differently with light; some let light pass through and some block light,
- the terms transparent, translucent, and opaque.
Students will not cover
- the term plane mirror,
- angle of incidence and angle of reflection,
- how virtual images are formed,
- concave and convex mirrors.