Lesson Plan: Adding and Subtracting Numbers up to 10 Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to decide whether to add or subtract when solving word problems and write equations to solve the problems.
Students will be able to
- model word problems to identify the operations,
- write equations for word problems,
- solve one-step word problems by adding or subtracting within 10.
Students should already be familiar with
- writing addition and subtraction equations,
- adding and subtracting within 10.
Students will not cover
- two-step word problems,
- numbers over 10.