Lesson Plan: Two-Step Compound Equations Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve linear equations, including those that have unknowns on both sides of the equation.
Students will be able to
- solve one- and two-step linear equations, including rational coefficients,
- solve multistep equations, including those involving expressions in parentheses,
- solve equations with an unknown on each side.
Students should already be familiar with
- forming equations from a given situation,
- mental methods for solving equations.
Students will not cover
- solving equations that involve irrational coefficients or that result in irrational solutions, including radicals.