Lesson Plan: Multiplying by 3 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use skip counting and doubling then adding one more group and recall multiplication facts to multiply by 3.
Students will be able to
- use skip counting to multiply by 3,
- apply the strategy of doubling then adding one more group to multiply by 3,
- recite multiplication facts up to 30.
Students should already be familiar with
- representing multiplications using arrays and equal groups,
- the multiplication symbol,
- multiplication facts.
Students will not cover
- multiples of 3 greater than 30,
- solving word problems.