Lesson Plan: Prediction Using Probability Mathematics • 7th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to predict the actions of a larger group using a sample and find the expected value.
Students will be able to
- understand the difference between theoretical and experimental probability,
- calculate the expected value of an event,
- use experimental probabilities to make inferences about particular scenarios.
Students should already be familiar with
- key definitions and terminology of probability,
- calculating simple probabilities.
Students will not cover
- calculating the probability of operations on events,
- the probability of the complement of an event.