Lesson Plan: Factoring by Completing the Square Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to factor an expression by completing the square.
Students will be able to
- factor a binomial by completing the square,
- factor a trinomial by completing the square.
Students should already be familiar with
- factoring perfect square trinomials,
- factoring the difference of two squares.
Students will not cover
- solving equations,
- polynomials with more than three terms.