Lesson Plan: Food Storage Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to apply the steps of the design process using knowledge of food storage to create a container to keep things cold.
Students will be able to
- trace a timeline of food storage through history,
- list ways in which food can be kept cold,
- recall the steps of the design process,
- apply the design process to make a food container that keeps food cold,
- collect data to determine the effectiveness of the food container’s design,
- compare data from different food container designs to determine which one is the most effective.
Students should already be familiar with
- the term evaporation,
- the changing states of water,
- the design process.
Students will not cover
- food and nutrition.