Lesson Plan: Operations on Cube Roots Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the properties of operations on cube roots to simplify expressions.
Students will be able to
- understand and apply the laws of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of real numbers to cube roots,
- use the properties and to simplify the addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of numerical expressions involving cube roots,
- evaluate algebraic expressions using the above rules and operations.
Students should already be familiar with
- operations on square roots,
- evaluating algebraic expressions.
Students will not cover
- rationalizing expressions with cube roots with two or more terms in the denominator.