Lesson Plan: Grouped Frequency Tables: Estimating the Mode Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use grouped frequency tables to identify the modal class and estimate the mode using a histogram.
Students will be able to
- identify the modal class (the class that has the highest frequency) for a grouped data set,
- draw a histogram for a grouped data set and then use this to find an estimate for the mode of the data.
Students should already be familiar with
- grouped frequency tables,
Students will not cover
- calculating an estimate for the mean of grouped data,
- calculating an estimate for the median of grouped data.