Lesson Plan: Inequalities on a Number Line Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the solution set of a one- or two-step inequality and represent it on a number line.
Students will be able to
- write the solution set for an inequality,
- model the solution set for an inequality on a number line,
- use a number line to find the solution set of inequalities within a specified interval.
Students should already be familiar with
- set notation,
- solving one- and two-step inequalities with one unknown.
Students will not cover
- inequalities with more than one unknown,
- solving inequalities of the second or third degree.