Lesson Plan: Months of the Year Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to name and order the months of the year.
Students will be able to
- name the months of the year,
- order the months of the year,
- state how many months there are in a year,
- identify the month before and the month after a given month.
Students should already be familiar with
- identifying the current month.
Students will not cover
- calendar dates,
- the number of days and/or weeks in a month.