Lesson Plan: Ordering: Heaviest and Lightest Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to directly compare three objects by mass using the words “heaviest” and “lightest.”
Students will be able to
- compare and order three objects by mass,
- identify the heaviest of three objects,
- identify the lightest of three objects.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing two objects by mass.
Students will not cover
- comparing more than 3 objects by mass,
- measuring the mass of objects.