Lesson Plan: Introduction to Matrices Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify matrices and determine the order of a matrix and the position of each of its elements.
Students will be able to
- understand matrix notation,
- identify the order of a matrix and the number of elements given the order of the matrix,
- find the specific element in a matrix given its index,
- construct a matrix given its order and a formula for its elements,
- represent real-life data in a matrix.
Students will not cover
- matrix operations.