Students will be able to
- find the absolute extrema (maximum and minimum values) for displacement and velocity,
- find the intervals over which a body has positive or negative velocity (increasing or decreasing displacement),
- find the intervals over which a body has positive or negative acceleration (increasing or decreasing velocity),
- find the instantaneous value(s) of displacement, velocity, or acceleration for a given value of one of the other quantities (displacement, velocity, or acceleration),
- find the acceleration when velocity is given as a function of position (using the chain rule),
- find the average speed over an interval when given displacement (specifically instances where the particle changes direction within the given time interval).