Students will be able to
- identify two consecutive integers that a given radical number lies between,
- approximate radicals to the nearest integer,
- approximate radicals to one or two decimal places,
- draw the exact value of square roots on a number line using a compass,
- approximate radical expressions to the nearest integer or to one decimal place,
- find an approximate value for the solution of one-step equations by taking the square or cube root of a number,
- use the approximation of radicals to solve real-world problems.