Students will be able to
- state the word equation for respiration as glucose + oxygen carbon dioxide + water,
- state the symbol equation for respiration as ,
- describe the process of cellular respiration as a chemical process continually supplying ATP (a store of energy) to living cells,
- describe cellular respiration as an exothermic reaction that releases energy in the form of heat,
- explain that organisms require energy for essential processes like movement, keeping warm, and digestion,
- recall how cellular respiration differs from the breathing process.