Students will be able to
- define what a photochemical reaction is,
- describe the uses of photochemistry (e.g., photography and photosynthesis),
- understand the role photochemistry plays in ozone formation and destruction and the reaction equations involved,
- describe physical and experimental observations in the context of photoreactivity (e.g., bubbles of oxygen produced by plants and photographic development),
- write or balance ionic equations for simple photochemical reactions (e.g., breaking of bonds and conversion of to ).