Lesson Worksheet: Measuring Angles Mathematics • 4th Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice measuring angles in degrees using a protractor and estimating the sizes of angles.
What is measured using a protractor?
Which of the following statements correctly defines an angle?
- AAn angle is the figure formed by two rays with a common end point.
- BAn angle is the part of a straight line beginning at a given point and extending in one direction to a predetermined length.
- CAn angle is the part of a line that connects two points.
- DAn angle is the part of a straight line beginning at a given point and extending limitlessly in one direction.
- EAn angle is the point where two rays intersect.
Which of these is a unit used to measure an angle?
Complete the following using , , or : .
Determine whether the angle shown is acute, right, or obtuse.
Complete the following statement: The sum of two acute angles is an obtuse angle.
What is the measure of a straight angle?
Fill in the blank using greater than, equal to, or less than: The measure of a right angle is the measure of an acute angle.
- Aless than
- Bequal to
- Cgreater than
Is the measure of a right angle less than, greater than, or equal to the measure of an obtuse angle?
- AGreater than
- BLess than
- CEqual to
What is the size of a right-angle?
Use , , or to complete the following: The measure of a straight angle the measure of an obtuse angle.
What is the size of an obtuse angle?
- Aless than
- Bmore than and less than
Which of these angles is obtuse?
What kind of angle is ?
- Astraight angle
- Breflex angle
- Cright angle
- Dobtuse angle
- Eacute angle
An acute angle is an angle whose measure is less than and more than .
What is the measure of a zero angle?