This lesson includes 16 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Movements of Earth, the Sun, and the Moon Science
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying the shape of Earth, the Sun, and the Moon and describing their movements relative to each other.
The planets in our solar system orbit the Sun. How long does it take Earth to orbit (or rotate around) the Sun?
- A365 days
- B7 days
- C24 hours
- D366 days
- E30 days
Choose the correct word to complete the sentence: Earth spins round and round as it orbits the Sun. One side of Earth faces the Sun and the other side faces space. The side that faces the Sun is covered in light and warmth. We call this .
Earth rotates (spins) counterclockwise on its axis. How long does each rotation take?
Choose the correct word to complete the sentence: If you are getting ready for school, somebody on the opposite side of Earth is getting ready for.
The diagram shows Earth, the Sun, and the Moon.
Which of the following statements correctly describes how Earth and the Moon revolve or orbit?
- AThe Moon and Earth revolve around the Sun.
- BThe Sun revolves around the Moon and Earth.
- CEarth revolves around the Sun, and the Moon revolves around Earth.
- DEarth revolves around the Moon, and the Moon revolves around the Sun.
- EThe Sun and Earth revolve around the Moon.
The image shown was taken in space.
The Earth, Sun and Moon are all approximately the same shape. Approximately, what shape are they?
- CRectangular prism
Which of the following statements best describes the movement of these bodies in space?
- AThe Sun orbits the Moon, and the Moon orbits Earth.
- BEarth orbits the Moon and the Sun.
- CEarth orbits the Sun, and the Moon orbits Earth.
- DThe Sun orbits Earth and the Moon.
- EThe Moon orbits the Sun, and the Sun orbits Earth.
Mason looks up at the Moon in the night sky.
Why can Mason see the Moon?
- AIt reflects light from Earth.
- BIt reflects light from the Sun.
- CIt gives out its own light.
What is the correct order of size of Earth, the Sun, and the Moon from largest to smallest?
- AThe Moon, Earth, the Sun
- BThe Sun, Earth, the Moon
- CThe Sun, the Moon, Earth
How many orbits of Earth does the Moon complete in one lunar month?