Worksheet: Compressed Gases
In this worksheet, we will practice describing compressed gas cylinders and regulators and safe procedures for their use, transport, and replacement.
Which of the following gas cylinders can always be used without a flashback arrestor?
- ACarbon dioxide
A cylinder outlet has a left-hand thread. Which of the following gases could it contain?
- DCarbon dioxide
Which of the following statements is true?
- AAn acetylene cylinder outlet has a right-hand thread.
- BA cylinder valve outlet is opened by turning it clockwise.
- CA regulator outlet valve is closed by turning the knob counterclockwise.
- DThe nut of a regulator must be tightened as much as possible when attaching it to a cylinder.
After connecting a regulator to a gas supply, in which order should the following actions be performed?
- Checking the cylinder outlet for leaks
- Turning the regulator knob clockwise
- Opening the cylinder outlet valve
Before disconnecting a regulator from a gas cylinder, in which order should the following actions be performed?
- Loosening the connection between the regulator and cylinder
- Turning the regulator knob counterclockwise
- Closing the cylinder outlet valve
When transferring a regulator between gas cylinders, in which order should the following actions be performed?
- Turn the regulator knob fully counterclockwise.
- Attach the regulator.
- Open the cylinder valve outlet.
- A2, 1, 3
- B1, 2, 3
- C1, 3, 2
- D2, 3, 1
- E3, 2, 1
Which of the following items of clothing must be worn when moving a gas cylinder?
- ASteel-toe boots
- BSafety helmet
- CFace shield
- DLab coat
- EInsulated gloves