In this worksheet, we will practice describing the procedure for preparing standard solutions, selecting suitable glassware, and troubleshooting errors.
In the preparation of a stock solution of a solid material, which of the following steps is not required?
- ASolute is accurately weighed.
- BWashings from the weighing boat are added to the prepared solution.
- CVolumetric flask is inverted and shaken repeatedly.
- DThe solvent volume is accurately measured before addition to the solute.
- ESolvent is added up to the graduation mark of the volumetric flask.
Which item of glassware is used in the preparation of standard solutions?