This lesson includes 20 additional questions and 17 additional question variations for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Properties of Esters Chemistry
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying and naming esters and describing their physical properties.
Which of the following is not a typical use of esters?
- AIndustrial solvents
- BPlastic bottles
- DFuel for power stations
- EMedical drugs
Which of the following molecules is likely to have the lowest boiling point?
- CMethyl propanoate
- DButanoic acid
Oil of wintergreen is an ester that can be prepared from salicylic acid. The structures of both molecules are shown. How might oil of wintergreen be prepared directly from salicylic acid?
- ABy the reaction of salicylic acid with ethanol
- BBy the reaction of salicylic acid with propanol
- CBy the reaction of salicylic acid with methanol
- DBy the reaction of salicylic acid with methane
- EBy the reaction of salicylic acid with ethane
Which of the following could be used in the preparation of ?
- APropanoic acid and propanol
- BPropanoic acid and ethanol
- CEthanoic acid and ethanol
- DEthanoic acid and propanol