Worksheet: Similar Polygons
In this worksheet, we will practice using the properties of similar polygons to find unknown angles, side lengths, scale factors, and perimeters.
If , find the scale factor of to and the perimeter of .
- AThe scale factor is , and the perimeter is 78.
- BThe scale factor is , and the perimeter is 117.
- CThe scale factor is , and the perimeter is 64.
- DThe scale factor is , and the perimeter is 60.7.
- EThe scale factor is , and the perimeter is 117 .
If two triangles are similar, then their corresponding angles are .
If , find the lengths of and .
Are the two polygons similar?
If , then .
Given that , determine the length of .
Given that , find and the length of .
If , find .
If , , and , find .
A college professor was using a projector to give his lectures. A slide whose dimensions are 11 inches wide and 7 inches high was projected into an image that was inches wide. Find the height of the projected image.
- A in
- B in
- C in
- D in
- E in
Given that the rectangle is similar to the rectangle , find the length of .
A rectangle that is 15 by 10 is similar to a second rectangle with perimeter 40. Find the length and the area of the second rectangle.
- Alength , area
- Blength , area
- Clength , area
The image of a shape has a perimeter of 40 following a dilation by a scale factor of . What would the perimeter of the original shape be?
A 1.97-meter-tall man stands 3.49 m away from a streetlight and casts a shadow that is 2.73 m long. How high is the lamp? Round your answer to the nearest tenth.
is mapped onto by one or more of the following transformations: translation, reflection, rotation, dilation.
Determine the length of .
Determine the measure of angle .
Find the length of .
Consider the points , , , , , , , and . Is the rectangle similar to the rectangle ?
The ratio between corresponding sides of two similar triangles is . If the length of the base of the larger triangle is 19.7, find the length of the base of the smaller triangle rounding the answer to the nearest tenth.
Which of the following statements correctly defines similarity for polygons?
- ATwo polygons are said to be similar if their corresponding sides are equal.
- BTwo polygons are said to be similar if their corresponding angles are complementary and their corresponding sides are equal.
- CTwo polygons are said to be similar if their corresponding sides are congruent.
- DTwo polygons are said to be similar if their corresponding angles are equal.
- ETwo polygons are said to be similar if their corresponding angles are congruent and their corresponding sides are in proportion.
The ratio between the areas of two similar polygons is . Given that the length of one side of the smaller one is 8 cm, calculate the length of the corresponding side of the bigger one.
and the perimeter of . Calculate the scale factor of similarity of to and the perimeter of .
- Ascale factor, perimeter of
- Bscale factor , perimeter of
- Cscale factor , perimeter of
- Dscale factor , perimeter of
- Escale factor , perimeter of