In this worksheet, we will practice finding positive factors of whole numbers using multiplication and division.
Is 6 a factor of 24?
Is 3 a factor of 43?
Find all the factors of 49.
- A 1, 9, 40, and 49
- B 1, 3, 7, 9, 40, and 49
- C 9 and 40
- D20 and 29
- E 1, 7, and 49
We know that . Pick the true statement.
- A3 is a multiple of 18.
- B18 is a factor of 6.
- C18 is a factor of 3.
- D6 is a multiple of 18.
- E3 is a factor of 18.
Fill in the blank: 5 is a of 50.
Which of these is NOT a factor pair for 36?
- A2 and 17
- B6 (repeated factor)
- C4 and 9
- D1 and 36
- E3 and 12
Scarlett is learning how to find factor pairs for numbers. These are pairs of factors with a given product.
She makes arrays from 15 blocks to find the factors of 15.
She sees that 1 and 15 are a factor pair, because their product is 15. What is another factor pair for 15?
- A5 and 10
- B2 and 7
- C9 and 6
- D7 and 8
- E3 and 5
Isabella is drawing factor rainbows to show all the factor pairs for 20. She writes the factors in order from smallest to largest and draws an arc between each two factors in a pair.
The green arc shows that 2 and 10 are a factor pair, since .
Now it is your turn. Which of the following is a factor rainbow showing all the factor pairs of 24?
David is finding factor pairs of 45. He has drawn a factor rainbow. The factors are written from smallest to greatest and then the factor pairs are joined up.
Which two numbers are missing?
- A7 and 9
- B5 and 7
- C20 and 25
- D5 and 9
- E5 and 40
The measure of the area of a room’s floor is 77 area units. Which of the following dimensions can be the length and width of the room?
- A9 length units, 11 length units
- B10 length units, 9 length units
- C13 length units, 3 length units
- D12 length units, 5 length units
- E11 length units, 7 length units
Jennifer has 56 identical flowers that she wants to plant in rows in her flower bed. If every row must have the same number of flowers, how many different ways can she plant the flowers?
Are all factors of 9 also factors of 18?
Matthew is making arrays with 20 counters to help him find factor pairs for 20.
He thinks that he has found all possible arrays. Can you find another?
Chloe is finding factor pairs of 60. She has drawn a factor rainbow. The factors are written from smallest to greatest and then the factor pairs are joined up.
What number is missing?
What is a factor of a number?
- Aany number that is taken away from the whole number
- Bthe total amount of that number and a whole number
- Cany whole number that divides exactly into it with no remainder
- Dany number that divides it with a remainder
- Eany product of that number and a whole number
Which of the following is a valid way to divide 30 players into equal groups, and then share 180 game tokens equally between the groups?
- A2 groups of 15 players each with 90 tokens per group.
- B2 groups of 15 players each with 36 tokens per group.
- C2 groups of 15 players each with 30 tokens per group.
- D15 groups of 2 players each with 90 tokens per group.
- E5 groups of 6 players each with 30 tokens per group.
What are the factors of the number 43?
- A2, 44
- B1, 45
- C2, 41
- D1, 43
I am thinking of a number between 1 and 100. Use the clues to discover the number.
- It has exactly three positive factors.
- It is more than 30.
- It is less than 60.
27 has four factors. What are they?
- A4, 7, 20, and 23
- B3, 9, 18, and 24
- C1, 7, 20, and 27
- D1, 3, 9, and 27
- E0, 9, 18, and 27
What number is a factor of all whole numbers?
What is the largest factor of 24?
How many factors does 93 have?