Lesson Worksheet: Water on Earth Science • 2nd Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice locating, describing, and classifying water on Earth.
Water is found on Earth in lakes, rivers, oceans, and streams.
Which of those contains most of Earth’s water?
What is a glacier?
- AA huge sheet of frozen ice
- BA floating piece of ice that has broken off an ice cap
- CA slow-moving mass of ice
About how much of Earth’s surface is covered in ice?
- AMore than half
- BLess than half
- CAbout a half
Where is most of the fresh water (naturally occurring water, not oceans) found on Earth?
- AIn ice caps and glaciers
- BIn lakes and rivers
Which of the following contains most of Earth's water?
About how much of Earth’s surface is covered by water?
- BA quarter
- CA half
The image shows a photo of planet Earth taken from a satellite in outer space. The green and brown areas show the land. The blue areas are Earth’s oceans. What does the white area show?
- AParts of Earth that are covered by clouds
- BParts of Earth that are covered in ice or snow
Water can be found on Earth as a solid, a liquid, or a gas.
Is a snowflake a solid, a liquid, or a gas?
- AA solid
- BA gas
- CA liquid
The polar bear and penguins are standing on icebergs. What is an iceberg?
- AA large piece of floating ice that has broken away from a glacier or sheet of ice and been carried out to sea
- BA large rock that is covered in snow
Which of the labels shows a continent covered in solid water?
- APacific Ocean
- BLake Superior