In this worksheet, we will practice identifying the forms of water on Earth, either as solid ice or in liquid form found in oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc.
Which of the given statements is true?
- AThe amount of water on Earth is less than it was when Earth was formed.
- BThe amount of water on Earth is more than it was when Earth was formed.
- CThe amount of water on Earth now is the same as it has always been.
Water is found on Earth in lakes, rivers, oceans, and streams.
Which of those contains most of Earth’s water?
What is a glacier?
- AA floating piece of ice that has broken off an ice cap
- BA huge sheet of frozen ice
- CA slow-moving mass of ice
About how much of Earth’s surface is covered in ice?
- AMore than half
- BAbout a half
- CLess than half
All living things need water to survive. Is this statement true or false?
Where is most of the fresh water (naturally occurring water, not oceans) found on Earth?
- AIn ice caps and glaciers
- BIn lakes and rivers