Worksheet: Water on Earth's Surface
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying the forms of water on Earth, either as solid ice or in liquid form found in oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc.
Which of the given statements is true?
- AThe amount of water on Earth is less than it was when Earth was formed.
- BThe amount of water on Earth is more than it was when Earth was formed.
- CThe amount of water on Earth now is the same as it has always been.
Water is found on Earth in lakes, rivers, oceans, and streams.
Which of those contains most of Earth’s water?
What is a glacier?
- AA huge sheet of frozen ice
- BA floating piece of ice that has broken off an ice cap
- CA slow-moving mass of ice
About how much of Earth’s surface is covered in ice?
- AMore than half
- BLess than half
- CAbout a half
All living things need water to survive. Is this statement true or false?
Where is most of the fresh water (naturally occurring water, not oceans) found on Earth?
- AIn ice caps and glaciers
- BIn lakes and rivers
Which of the following contains most of Earth's water?
About how much of Earth’s surface is covered by water?
- BA quarter
- CA half
The image shows a photo of planet Earth taken from a satellite in outer space. The green and brown areas show the land. The blue areas are Earth’s oceans. What does the white area show?
- AParts of Earth that are covered by clouds
- BParts of Earth that are covered in ice or snow
Water can be found on Earth as a solid, a liquid, or a gas.
Is a snowflake a solid, a liquid, or a gas?
- AA solid
- BA gas
- CA liquid