Worksheet: Electrochemical Measurements
In this worksheet, we will practice describing electrochemical procedures such as electroplating, coulometry, and cyclic voltammetry.
One electrochemical technique involves first depositing an analyte on the surface of an electrode and then using an applied current to remove the analyte via a reduction or oxidation reaction. What is this method called?
- BCyclic voltammetry
- CStripping voltammetry
- DHydrodynamic voltammetry
Which of the following statements about the standard hydrogen electrode, the calomel electrode, and the silver/silver chloride electrode is true?
- AThese electrodes have the same electrochemical potential.
- BThese electrodes are typically used as reference electrodes.
- CThese electrodes are examples of membrane electrodes.
- DThese electrodes are typically used as working (indicator) electrodes.
- EThese electrodes combine to make a complete electrochemical cell.