Lesson Worksheet: Clockwise and Counterclockwise Turns Mathematics
In this worksheet, we will practice how to use the words “clockwise” and “counterclockwise” to describe whole, quarter, half, and three-quarter turns.
Here is a picture of a cat.
Turn this picture by a whole turn.
What is the next shape?
Pick the sentence that describes how the plane turns.
- AA half turn, clockwise
- BA three-quarter turn, counterclockwise
- CA whole turn
- DA three-quarter turn, clockwise
If the given shape made a half turn, which of the following shapes represents its new position?
Which of the following describes the steps that the boy took to reach the new place?
- A3 squares forward, quarter turn counterclockwise, and 1 square forward
- B3 squares forward, quarter turn clockwise, and 1 square forward
- C1 square forward, quarter turn counterclockwise, and 3 squares forward
FIll in the blank using “clockwise” or “counterclockwise”: The given shape made a quarter-turn .
True or False: The boy made a quarter turn counterclockwise.