In this worksheet, we will practice describing methods for measuring solid and liquid densities, identifying errors, and troubleshooting mistakes.
An experiment calls for 125 g phosphoric acid. What size of flask would be most appropriate to contain the acid? The density of phosphoric acid is 1.83 g/mL.
- A 150 mL
- B 50 mL
- C 500 mL
- D 250 mL
- E mL
A piece of rebar is weighed and then submerged in a graduated cylinder partially filled with water, as shown in the figure. The dry mass of the rebar is 69.658 g.
To 2 significant figures, what is the density of the piece of rebar?
Which of the following metals is most likely to be present in the piece of rebar?
- A Iron (density = 7.87 g/cm3)
- B Chromium (density = 7.19 g/cm3)
- C Aluminum (density = 2.70 g/cm3)
- D Titanium (density = 4.51 g/cm3)
- E Nickel (density = 8.91 g/cm3)