Worksheet: Density Measurements
In this worksheet, we will practice describing methods for measuring solid and liquid densities, identifying errors, and troubleshooting mistakes.
A piece of rebar is weighed and then submerged in a graduated cylinder partially filled with water, as shown in the figure. The dry mass of the rebar is 69.658 g.
To 2 significant figures, what is the density of the piece of rebar?
Which of the following metals is most likely to be present in the piece of rebar?
- AAluminum (density = 2.70 g/cm3)
- BChromium (density = 7.19 g/cm3)
- CNickel (density = 8.91 g/cm3)
- DIron (density = 7.87 g/cm3)
- ETitanium (density = 4.51 g/cm3)