In this worksheet, we will practice choosing an infrared spectroscopic method and comparing the features and limitations of different spectrometers.
Pump-probe experiments in infrared spectroscopy can result in information about what?
- AThe amount of -backbonding character in a metal-ligand bond.
- BThe mechanisms of radioactive decay.
- CThe electronic transition levels within a molecule.
- DThe molecular functional group vibrational lifetimes.
Which of the following does the instrumentation for infrared analysis most closely resemble?
- AA mass spectrometer
- BAn NMR spectrometer
- CAn electrochemical cell
- DA UV-Visible spectrophotometer
- EAn ellipsometer