Worksheet: IR Spectroscopy Methods
In this worksheet, we will practice choosing an infrared spectroscopic method and comparing the features and limitations of different spectrometers.
Fill in the blank: Pump-probe experiments in infrared spectroscopy can result in information about .
- Athe amount of -backbonding character in a metal–ligand bond
- Bthe mechanisms of radioactive decay
- Cthe electronic transition levels within a molecule
- Dthe molecular functional group vibrational lifetimes
Which of the following does the instrumentation for infrared analysis most closely resemble?
- AAn NMR spectrometer
- BAn ellipsometer
- CAn electrochemical cell
- DA mass spectrometer
- EA UV-visible spectrophotometer