Worksheet: Conjugation and Resonance Structures
In this worksheet, we will practice representing resonance and conjugation and describing the effects of electron delocalization on charges and bond orders.
Which of the following arrows is used to indicate resonance?
Which of the following is always true for a molecule displaying two resonance structures?
- AThe actual bond order is halfway between the bond orders in the resonance structures.
- BThe resonance structures can have different molecular geometries.
- CThe atomic charges in the molecule alternate between those in the resonance structures.
- DThe resonance structures have the same molecular orbital diagram.
- EResonance is an equilibrium process.
How many delocalized electrons are present in the molecule shown?