Worksheet: Virus Life Cycles
In this worksheet, we will practice describing the lytic and lysogenic lifecycle of a virus.
Which of the following is not a disease caused by a virus?
- DThe common cold
Which of the following statements about viruses is correct?
- AVirus cells can be destroyed by taking antibiotics.
- BViruses are unable to replicate outside of a living cell.
- CViruses do not contain genetic material like other prokaryotes.
- DViruses are unable to replicate.
- EViruses contain a membrane-bound nucleus that holds their genetic material.
Some viruses are disease-causing microorganisms. What group do they belong to?
Why do many scientists consider viruses to be nonliving?
- ABecause they do not have a heartbeat
- BBecause they cannot reproduce on their own
- CBecause they are microorganisms
- DBecause they do not contain any DNA
What do viruses require to reproduce?
- AA virus of the opposite sex
- BA warm environment
- CA living host cell
- DA dead host cell
- E Another virus
In both the lysogenic and lytic life cycles of a virus, what does a virus inject into the host cell?
- BSubcellular organelles
- DGenetic material