In this worksheet, we will practice describing the compounds and reactivities of halogens and trends in their physical and chemical properties.
Which of the following is a halogen?
Halogens can generally be found as diatomic molecules (e.g., ). What type of bonding occurs in these molecules?
Which of the following is not a property of the halogens?
- AThey are poor electrical conductors.
- BThey are colored.
- CThey have low melting points.
- DThey are good thermal conductors.
- EThey have low boiling points.
As halogens increase in atomic number, which of the following trends is observed?
- AMelting point decreases.
- BBoiling point decreases.
- CAtomic radius decreases.
- DReactivity decreases.
- EToxicity increases.