Lesson Worksheet: Place Value of Five-Digit Numbers Mathematics
In this worksheet, we will practice representing five-digit numbers withplace value tables and counters andstatingthe value of each digit of a number.
What is the place value of the digit 2 in 60,256?
- ATen thousands
Which of the following is a 5-digit number where the tens digit is twice the units digit?
What are the digits of the number 64,835?
Find a 5-digit number where the sum of the digits is 35.
Separate the number into its place values.
What is the value of the digit 3 in 43,750?
- BTen thousands
Which of these numbers has the same digit in the hundreds place and the ten thousands place?
Scarlett and Jennifer live in the same city. The city’s population is 68,205. Scarlett says this number has a 0 in the hundreds place. Jennifer says that it has a 6 in the ten thousands place. Who is correct?
- AOnly Scarlett
- BBoth Scarlett and Jennifer
- CNeither Scarlett nor Jennifer
- DOnly Jennifer
Chloe is using place value counters to represent the number 27,514. Which color counter will she use the most of?
What number is represented by the place value counters?
David will make a number using each of the following digits once: 4, 6, 9, 2, 8. What is the smallest number he can make?
Which statement is correct about the number represented by the place value table below?
- AThe counters in the hundreds place are worth less than the counters in the ones place.
- BThe counters in the ten thousands place are worth more than the counters in the hundreds place.
- CThe counters in the thousands place are worth less than the counters in the tens place.
- DThe counters in the ones place are worth more than the counters in the thousands place.
In what place is the underlined digit in the number ? Use the place value table to help you.
- ETen thousands
What is the value of the underlined digit in the number ? Use the place value table to help you.