Lesson Worksheet: What Plants Need to Grow Science • 2nd Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice investigating what a plant needs to grow.
Which of these is not a good way to measure plant growth?
- AUsing a ruler
- BUsing a measuring scale
- CUsing a timer
A class conducted an experiment testing the effect of water on plant growth. Looking at the table of results below, what evidence do we have to show that plants need water to grow?
- AThe seed that was given water grew.
- BThe seed that was not given water grew.
- CBoth seeds grew.
One way to assess the healthy growth of a plant is to look at the color of the leaves. Which of these plants looks healthier?
Two identical plants were given different amounts of nutrients over 3 weeks. The plants are shown below at the end of the 3 weeks. Which one do you think got less nutrients?
- APlant B
- BPlant A
Green leaves are a sign of the health of a plant. A class did an experiment testing what seeds need in order to grow. What does this table of results tell you about what seeds need to grow healthily?
- ASeeds do not need sunlight to grow healthily.
- BSeeds need sunlight to grow healthily.
- CSeeds do not need water to grow healthily.
What materials does Jacob need to conduct an experiment testing whether a plant with more leaves would grow faster?
- ATwo plants with the same number of leaves, a notebook, and a stopwatch for measurement
- BTwo plants with different numbers of leaves, a notebook, and a ruler for measurement
- CTwo plants with different numbers of leaves, a notebook, and a stopwatch for measurement
- DTwo plants with the same number of leaves, a notebook, and a ruler for measurement
Do plants need water to grow?
Place the stages of the cress seeds growth in the correct order.
- ASeedling sprout plant seed
- BSeed sprout seedling plant
- CSeed seedling sprout plant
Daniel wants to investigate whether beans need water to grow. He planted beans in two jars.
It takes an average of five days for beans to grow. Pick how often he should observe the beans in his experiment.
- AOnce a week
- BAt least once a day
- CEvery ten minutes
- DEvery hour
What evidence do we have that cress seeds need water to grow?
- AAll the cress seeds grew.
- BThe cress with water grew.
- CThe cress without water grew.