Lesson Worksheet: Using Electricity Safely Science
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying electrical appliances and describing how to use them safely.
Electricity is very useful, but it can also be dangerous. A hazard is a danger we can avoid by being careful. Which of these is an electrical hazard?
- AKeeping small children away from electrical appliances
- BSwitching off an appliance when you are not using it
- CDrying your hands before using a switch
- DUsing a toaster in the bath
Does a TV remote use batteries or mains electricity?
- BMains electricity
True or False: Devices that use batteries are not dangerous.
Fill in the blank: An electrical appliance is a useful device that uses energy.
Madison is learning about electrical hazards. A hazard is a danger we can avoid by being careful. What is the hazard in this picture?
- AShe is trying to plug more than one appliance into one socket.
- BShe is touching a damaged wire with exposed metal.
- CShe is using an electrical appliance with wet hands.
How can Amelia avoid danger in this situation?
- AShe can plug another appliance into the socket.
- BShe can unplug the electrical appliance with her wet hands.
- CShe can dry her hands before touching the wire.
A class is sorting electrical appliances into two groups. Which group does the laptop and computer screen belong to?
- AGroup B: mains electricity
- BGroup A: batteries
Which of these things is safe to do when using electricity?
- APutting your finger into a wall socket
- BPutting a fork into a wall socket
- CLetting an infant play with electrical appliances
- DPutting a knife into a toaster
- ENone of these things is safe to do when using electricity.
Fill in the blanks: shock is the flow of through a person’s body that may damage the skin or other organs.
- AA magnetic, magnetism
- BA static, chemicals
- CAn electric, electricity
- DA heat, static
Fill in the blank: A useful device that uses electrical energy is known as an .
- Aelectric shock
- Belectric power station
- Celectrical conductor
- Delectrical appliance
- Eelectric current