Worksheet: Progress–Time Graphs
In this worksheet, we will practice plotting the progress of a reaction over time and identifying the species and processes contributing to the data.
The graph shows the relative abundance of gases and during a reaction where transforms into .
Which of the following statements is false?
- A The rate of the reaction is high at the start and low at the end.
- B At time 0, the relative abundance of is 100%.
- C At the end of the reaction, is completely consumed.
- D The lines for and cross at relative abundance = 50%.
- E As the quantity of decreases, the quantity of increases.
Shown in the graph are the relative abundance of gases and during a reaction where transforms into .
At time , a modification to the system dramatically alters the abundances of and . Which of the following is the least likely explanation for the changes observed?
- A The temperature increased.
- B A catalyst was added.
- C More of was added.
- D The pressure increased.
- E The gases were stirred.