Worksheet: Interpreting and Presenting Data
In this worksheet, we will practice analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data; recognizing trends; and identifying anomalous results.
The graph shows the relative abundance of gases and during a reaction where transforms into .
Which of the following statements is false?
- AThe lines for and cross at relative abundance = 50%.
- BAt the end of the reaction, is completely consumed.
- CThe rate of the reaction is high at the start and low at the end.
- DAt time 0, the relative abundance of is 100%.
- EAs the quantity of decreases, the quantity of increases.
Shown in the graph are the relative abundance of gases and during a reaction where transforms into .
At time , a modification to the system dramatically alters the abundances of and . Which of the following is the least likely explanation for the changes observed?
- AThe gases were stirred.
- BThe temperature increased.
- CA catalyst was added.
- DMore of was added.
- EThe pressure increased.
The given graph contains numerous errors and bad practices. Which of the following descriptions is not a bad practice shown in the graph?
- AThe line of best fit passes through the origin and one data point.
- BThe points have been plotted as large, circular blobs.
- CA line of best fit has been drawn through the data instead of connecting each point.
- DThe axes are labeled, but no units are included.
- EThe scale on the -axis does not have regular intervals.
Which of the following shows data represented as a bar chart?
The given scatterplot shows the melting point against the density for a group of elements with stable isotopes. Which of the following statements can be concluded using information from the scatterplot only?
- AIn general, the greater the density, the lower the melting point.
- BIn general, the lower the density, the higher the melting point.
- CIn general, the greater the density, the higher the melting point.
- DThere is no correlation between the density of an element and its melting point.
- EElements with a melting point of have very low densities.
The table below shows data that has been collected. Which type of graph would most suitably present this data?
|Number of Recognized Isotopes||7||9||11||13||15||16||16||17||19|
- ALine graph
- BBar chart
- CArea graph
- DPie chart
- EScatter plot
The results from an experiment are shown in the given table. Which type of graph would most suitably present this data?
- ABar chart
- DPie chart
- EArea graph
A student has plotted data from an experiment on a graph, as shown. The student wants to draw a line of best fit through the data to identify any trends and anomalous results. Which of the given graphs shows the most suitable line of best fit for the data?